Shufflrr’s Reports area is designed so that you can look at the reporting from so many perspectives. Each perspective is accessed from a separate tab option, as you can see in Figure 1, below.
When you click the Activity tab in Reports, you see the default Activity Report, shown in Figure 2, below. This Report interface has three significant areas, as marked in Figure 2, below.
These three areas are:
The Activity data you see in the Report area is set by default for the last seven days. To change the date range, click the Change button in the Date area, as shown in Figure 3, below.
These date options are self-explanatory, but if you’d like more information on these values, go to our QuickView page.
The Filters area provides three drop-down lists that act as filters for the data results you see in the Report area. These three filters are User, File/Slide, and Activity Type. Following is a brief explanation of each filter.
User: You can filter the activity report by users. Select this leftmost drop-down list and start typing the name of the user whom you want to track. If you are not sure about the name, start typing and the list will start to auto-populate. If this does not help, type in a vowel character such as a, e, i, o, or u to begin. Then just scroll down the populated list or go on typing more characters, and you will be able to find the exact user you are looking for, as shown in Figure 4, below.
File / slide: This option lets you navigate within Shufflrr’s folder structure, to locate a file, or even a specific slide within a file, as can be seen in Figure 5, below.
While you select a file or an individual slide, make sure you select the appropriate date range, as explained in the preceding section. Why? That’s because the selected file or slide within the folder structure (see Figure 5) will only show up in the Activity Report area (see Figure 9) if the file was created or uploaded during the date range chosen.
Activity Type: This last filter allows you to restrict search results in the Activity Report area to just one particular activity. Activities available in this drop-down list can be seen in Figure 6, below.
These activities are:
- Any: This is the default option and displays all activities
- Login: Displays login occurrences
- Create New Presentation: Displays new presentations created within the Shufflrr account
- Upload File: Shows files that have been uploaded
- Slide Update: Shows files that have been updated
- Delete File: Displays files that were deleted from Shufflrr
- View: Shows what files have been viewed
- Like: Displays any Likes
- Comment: Shows any comments
- Download: Shows which files have been downloaded
Once you choose a date range, and select filters, click the green Apply button towards the right side of the filter drop-down list Figure 7, below.
You may want to clear all filters before you click the Apply button,To clear filters. To clear filters, click on the x sign towards the right side of the drop-down lists, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 8, below.
If you choose to see results within the browser window, they will populate below in the Activity Report area, as shown in Figure 9, below.
Look carefully at the Activity Report shown in Figure 9 because this report is the result of making choices in three Filter drop-down lists. You can review the following details in the Activity Report, explained column-wise from left to right, as shown in Figure 9:
- Activity: Displays the Activity type. These are the same activities that you saw within the Activity Type filter in Figure 6, shown previously on this page.
- Date: Date of the activity.
- User: User who performed this particular activity.
- File Name: The file name accessed to complete this activity. Note that some activity types, such as Login will show no details for this column.
- Folder: Folder accessed to perform the activity. Note that some activity types, such as Login will show no details for this column.
- Slide Number: The slide number accessed from within a presentation. Several activities may show no details for this column.
- Slide Title: The slide title of the slide accessed. Several activities may show no details for this column.
- Text: This column only shows details for Login activities.
Other than viewing the Activity Report in a browser, Shufflrr allows you to download the report in three formats: CSV, XML and JSON. CSV is the most popular because it opens in Excel and looks like an Excel report. It’s familiar. XML is versatile and allows for the ability to feed the report into a 3rd party corporate reporting system. And, JSON is the format for the actual web page that you see live in Shufflrr.
To choose any one of these options, click on the downward pointing arrow next to the Apply button, and you will see a small drop-down window where you can select your report to download in CSV, XML, or JSON formats, as shown in Figure 10, below.